Managers and leaders have a profound impact on the health, happiness and productivity of their teams and if they are senior, the whole organisation. When they fail to deal with their own pressures and stress, others feel the consequences.
In today’s challenging business and work settings, where budgets are tight, and competition fierce, being able to support, coach and motivate your staff is essential.
This can be addressed by individual, team and SLT programmes involving group and 121 coaching in:
- Supporting and motivating staff
- Coaching your staff
- Managing your own stress levels
- Developing your own and your team’s Emotional Intelligence
NEW 3 month Being & Doing Manager's Transformation Process
I have a new development process for managers, a unique 3 month online transformation process. See below for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to discuss your needs.
‘I can live for two months on a good compliment’
For a taste of my approach, watch a recording of my free webinar on Self Leadership:
Being & Doing Manager's
Being & Doing Manager's
Do you …
- Frequently feel overwhelmed by everything that you have on your plate.
- Find you are constantly firefighting, never getting around to strategic work.
- End up doing your team’s work rather than finding the time to coach and develop them.
- Avoid having difficult conversations with them about their performance.
- Provide feedback but performance does not improve.
- Have a team that are not pulling together.
- Have individuals who are taking up too much of your time.
- Lose patience with people around you.
- Lose sleep worrying about work or things outside of your control.
How can you change this?
This Being & Doing Manager’s Transformation Process is designed with the purpose of helping you over three months to take regular action, review your progress, learn something new, take more action, and repeat the cycle every fortnight:
This will enable you to bring about sustainable change in how you think, feel, manage yourself, as well as your team.
To support you in changing you will receive …
Self-assessment questionnaire to help you to define your goals before you start the process. The questionnaire also helps us to select managers who are ready to take the action to bring about the sustainable changes they want to make.
Fortnightly Being & Doing Action Groups - there are six, 1½ hour online group sessions during the three-month programme. See below for an overview of the structure of these online meetings.
Resources linked to your needs – after each Being & Doing Action Group you will receive a copy of the slides, relevant handouts, worksheets and links to podcasts or videos linked to what we were discussing.
Monday Motivational Messages for Managers – these provide you with reminders, hints, tips and links to relevant information to keep you on track.
Questions & Answers – the fortnightly Being & Doing Action Groups sessions are based on your needs, so you have chances to pose your questions beforehand to make sure you get the support you need.
Private Facebook page – participants find it useful to share their progress with each other between sessions. Including: challenges faced, successes, as well as asking questions. You can know you are not alone and receive encouragement from the group and from myself. If you do not have a Facebook account, this is not absolutely necessary to take part in the process.
Being & Doing online course – following the course, you have the option to take part in the next 8-week online Being & Doing course to recap on what we have covered in the previous 3 months, provide further support and bed down your learning. See https://inspiretransformation.co.uk/page/being-doing-8-week-online-course/ for more information.
Being & Doing Action Groups
Why ‘Being & Doing’?
As a manager, you might feel you just need to do more, do better, work harder at developing your team, getting them to perform effectively.
However, how you communicate, support, develop and motivate your team is clearly affected by your ‘Being’. Your Being is made up of your mindset, thoughts and beliefs which affect your mood and demeanour, which in turn affects how you communicate and work with others.
Just trying to change your behaviour, without addressing what is going on within you, is like expecting a car to run smoothly because you have pumped up the tires, put petrol in the tank, but forgot to put in any oil to lubricate the whole system.
If you have found it difficult to change in the past, then the trick is to work from the inside out, focus on your Being, to assist you in Doing what you need to do to manage in a more efficient, effective and enjoyable manner.
Being & Doing Action Groups
The core of the Being & Doing Manager’s Transformation Process are the fortnightly Being & Doing Action Groups. Each session will be tailored to the group’s needs, people will be asked to submit questions beforehand. However, there is a format that we will use, which has been tested on a group of volunteers in July and August 2021 and been shown to be very effective in helping people to change:
11.30 Welcome, overview
11.35 Check in with yourself – each week we use a different technique to increase your awareness of your thoughts, beliefs, mood, etc. This increases your Emotional Intelligence.
11.45 Review last two weeks - individually and/or in pairs:
- Your successes
- Your challenges
- Your lessons learned
12.00 Q&A – questions submitted beforehand & asked during the session. Includes:
- Input from me
- Coaching the group and sometimes individuals.
12.40 Action Planning – in pairs, what are you going to:
- Keep Doing - that works?
- Develop Further?
- Let Go Of?
12.55 Wrap up & inspiration
Being & Doing Action Groups Testimonials
Here are two testimonials from people who attended the Action Groups that took place in the summer 2021:
Paul Hallett, Risk & Compliance Manager at Hitachi Capital Invoice Finance
Vanessa Charles, Organisational Development Practitioner for a Community Trust
Dates & Application Process
Dates & Application Process
The Being & Doing Action Groups are 1½ hours long from 11.30-1pm. Please feel free to bring your lunch to the meetings. The dates for the next programme starting in the Spring to be confirmed
Selection for the transformation process
Managers complete a self-assessment questionnaire when they apply for a place. These are used to select managers who are ready to take the necessary action throughout the Being & Doing Manager’s Transformation Process to bring about change in how they manage themselves and their teams. Email email@example.com to receive your questionnaire.
Your facilitator - Melanie Greene, Chartered Occupational Psychologist, Master NLP Practitioner
- With over 30 years’ experience as a coach, trainer and facilitator, I know what techniques work for my clients and how to support them to change.
- I bring experience from a wide range of industries and sectors to assist you in moving forward.
- I have worked with SLTs, run management development programmes, as well as trained managers in coaching skills.
- I practise what I preach and am living proof that you can radically transform yourself from the inside out.
- As a member of the British Psychological Society and the HCPC, I undergo at least 40 hours of Continuous Professional Development a year and will pass on all the new ideas and learnings to the Being & Doing Action Groups.
On occassions I will draw on the expertise of my associates to run the occasional session.
Your investment, apply to day ......
For the 3-month programme with:
- Self-assessment questionnaire - to define your strengths and development needs
- Fortnightly Being & Doing Action Groups - there are six, 1½ hour group online sessions.
- Resources linked to your needs – handouts, worksheets, links to podcasts or videos linked to your needs.
- Weekly Motivational Messages for Managers – these provide you with reminders, hints, tips and links to relevant information to keep you on track.
- Questions & Answers – you get to ask questions to be discussed in the Action Group sessions.
- Private Facebook page – to provide on-going group support.
- Being & Doing 8-week online course – to recap on what we have covered in the previous 3 months, provide further support and bed down your learning.
£1350 plus VAT per manager.
Email Melanie firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ...
- Multiple booking discounts which are available.
- Discounts for not for profit organisations – there is a limited amount of places for not for profits on each cohort.
Apply today …
Email it to email@example.com to receive your self-assessment questionnaire today and apply for your place.
Participant’s self-assessment questionnaires are used to select managers who are ready to take the necessary effort to take action throughout the Being & Doing Manager’s Transformation Process to bring about change in how they manage themselves and their teams.
How coaching can assist you in increasing your performance
Do you want to:
- Improve your working relationships?
- Enhance your resilience and ability to deal with pressure?
- Have difficult conversations in a timely and constructive manner?
- Manage your mind, mood and motivation?
- Create more home-work balance?
Find out how coaching can assist you in doing this.
This 10 minute video provides case studies of how clients have used coaching, plus information about what my coaching programme involves, and what I bring to the coaching process.
Free coaching audit - if you are thinking of starting coaching, but are not sure what it involves, then take my free coaching audit today. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the free coaching audit questionnaire. Complete it then have a free 30 minute conversation with me.